‘Inspiring a love of learning through our Christian values - I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching.’ Proverbs 4:2
At Longwick our vision is centred on a commitment to excellence in learning and to high expectations. We aim to serve our community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice and promoting Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils. We take pride in providing strong pastoral support in a safe learning environment where every child and adult is valued and encouraged to achieve their full potential. We aim to prepare every child for the challenges and changes of the future by giving them opportunities so they can achieve the highest standards in their personal development. The school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with St Mary’s Princes Risborough.
· To provide a rich learning curriculum that is underpinned by our Christian values and promotes the provision for pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development for all children regardless of ability, gender, race or religion.
· To challenge and inspire our pupils to develop their intellectual curiosity and skills to become confident, independent and resilient learners who are well prepared for life beyond primary school.
· To promote being part of our school community and have the opportunity to engage with the local community and the wider world, so that they gain an understanding of and responsibility for the world in which we live.
· To foster good role models, emphasising respect and compassion for others and the world around us.
· To provide a welcoming, safe and caring environment in which the children and all members of staff are valued.
Our Christian Values are explicitly linked to the Bible;